jueves, 3 de enero de 2013

See you when you're 40

I've driven round in circles for 3 hours
It was bound to happen that I'd end up at yours
I temporarily forgot there's better days to come
I thought that I would give it just one more chance.

'Cos I want tonight
What I've been waiting for
But I've found tonight
What I'd been warned about.

You think you are complicated, deep mystery to all
Well it's taken me a while to see
You're not so special
All energy, no meaning
With a lot of words
So paper thin, no one real feeling
could knock you down.

And I've seen tonight
What I'd been warned about
I'm gonna leave tonight
Before I change my mind.

So see you when you're 40
Lost and all alone
Being comforted by strangers
Who never need to know
Not sad because you lost me,
sad because you thought it was cool to be sad.

You think misery will make you stand apart
from the crowd
If you walk pass by me today I wouldn't have picked you out
I wouldn't have picked you out
I wouldn't have picked you out.

Now I've seen tonight
How could I waste my time
And I'll be on my way
And I won't be back.

'Cos I've seen tonight
What I've been wrong about
You're just a boy, not a man
And I'm not coming back
And I'm not coming back
What I've been wrong about�

_________________________________________________________


He estado conduciendo en circulos durante tres horas
Estaba predestinado que terminara en ti
A veces olvidaba que vendrían mejores días
Pensé que solo te daría una oportunidad más.

Porque esta noche quiero
Lo que he estado esperando
Pero esta noche he encontrado
Lo que me temía.

Piensas que eres complicado, profundo misterio en todo
Bien me ha llevado un tiempo ver
Que no eres tan especial
Toda esa energía sin sentido,
solo un montón de palabras
Así que un sentimiento real tan fino como el papel
puede derribarte.

Y he visto, esta noche,
lo que me temía sobre esto
Voy a irme, esta noche,
antes que cambie de parecer.

Así que hasta que tengas 40, perdido y sólo
Reconfortado por extraños
que nunca necesitarás conocer
No estas triste porque me perdiste
Estas triste porque pensabas que
era divertido estar triste.

Piensas que la miseria te hace apartarte
de la multitud
Y si hubieras pasado sobre mi hoy, yo no te habría reconocido
Yo no te habría reconocido
Yo no te habría reconocido.

Ahora he visto, esta noche,
como he perdido mi tiempo
Estará en mi camino,
y nunca volveré.

Porque he visto, esta noche,
En lo que me he equivocado
Eres sólo un chico, no un hombre,
y yo no a volver
Y no voy a volver
En lo que me he equivocado.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario